- Since taking the oath of office, President Trump has taken aggressive steps to focus his presidency on rolling back excessive government regulations and red tape.
- So far, President Trump has made great strides in removing excess regulations imposed by the previous administration.
- President Trump has already put into motion steps to cut red tape on energy producers, the auto industry, small businesses, and the health care industry, among others.
The Trump Administration acted immediately to clean up government regulations
- On His First Day In Office, President Trump Issued A Presidential Memorandum Ordering A “Regulatory Freeze.”
- President Trump Attacked Excess Regulations Head On By Signing An Executive Order That Would “Cut Two Existing Regulations For Every New Regulation.”
- President Trump Signed A New Executive Order That Will Begin A “Regulatory Reform Task Force.”
The Trump Administration already moved forward on plans to replace Obama-era excessive environmental regulations
- President Trump Continued To Enforce His Regulation Roll-Back By Signing An Executive Order That Would “Dismantle The Clean Power Plan” From The Obama-Era.
- The Democratic Coalition CoalBlue, Along With Hundreds Of Democratic Officeholders, And State, Local And Party Officials From 32 States, Sent President Obama A Letter Outlining The “Serious And Overriding Concerns” In His Clean Power Plan.
- Many Democrats Originally Were Against The Clean Power Plan And Alerted President Obama To Their Concerns.
- Based On EPA Data, The American Action Forum Estimated The Obama Administration’s Finalized Regulations On Carbon Emissions Would Have Closed 66 Power Plants, Eliminated 125,800 Coal Jobs, And Cut The Coal Industry In Half.
- EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt: “We Can Be Both Pro-Jobs And Pro-Environment. And The Executive Order Will Address The Past Administration’s Efforts To Kill Jobs Across This Country Through The Clean Power Plan.
- Paul Bailey, President And CEO Of The American Coalition For Clean Coal Electricity: “The Clean Power Plan Is The Poster Child For Regulations That Are Unnecessarily Expensive And Would Have No Meaningful Environmental Benefit.